Thursday, September 15, 2011

Oh yeah, I'll tell you something...

You already know a bit of what happened today, but I'm just going to focus on the positive stuff for now :) Let's get into the "big 3"!

1) We had a half day today! Which means double the fun! :D The day went by super fast so it was awesome. :D Plus, I didn't have tennis today so I got home pretty early. Except for...

2) we had band practice after school, but only for like an hour. We practiced with the 8th graders because we have to march for the football game tomorrow night. We are playing Iron Man, Hawaii Five-Oh, La Bamba, and I Want to Hold Your Hand. The last one is stuck in my head!

3) In Gifted today, we got into small groups and we need to create our own game. It can be a physical game, a board game, a card game, whatever you want it to be. And it needs to have a moral/some sort of educational purpose. Afterwards, our class is going to play it and everyone needs to participate. The possibilities are endless. So far, all we have is something like, we go outside to this one hill. The goal is to make it to the top of the hill. Every man is for himself. But everyone else is trying to keep that person from getting to the top. But in the end, the only solution is to somehow work together.. We need to throw more obstacles in there, like maybe a wall? and blindfolds? The idea's still hazy.. but it has potential, I think.

Hope you had a good day today. :)

1 comment:

  1. I could've sworn I already posted a comment on this... Anyway, I talked about the last point.

    The game sounds really cool! Something interesting to look into is game theory: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_theory#Types_of_games

    Overall, sounds like a good idea, hope you have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete